Attention to Orders
Proud and Great Classmates,
I wanted to take a minute to share updates on the upcoming 40th Reunion and on the Class Webpage Contents.
Planning for the 40th continues in earnest. Curtis Harris is now the Class Admiral as he is arranging the Manhattan Dinner Cruise for the class. Unlike the last cruise which we all felt was great, Curtis is getting us onto one large boat instead of two. While this reduces the number of guys we can have walk the planks at any one time for various offenses, it does provide everyone else a good viewing platform.
This spring you will be seeing the official invitations for the 40th coming out. As noted earlier, the Class has been afforded the use of the Hotel Thayer Rooms for this reunion and we are going to be given roughly 100 rooms to use. The Class Hotel is the Crowne Plaza in Suffern, NY. There will not be any Class functions held at the Thayer.
Having said this, we are going to assign rooms at the Thayer by lottery. As Reunion Chairman, I will be administering the lottery. Here are notes and instructions regarding the lottery:
- Each Classmate can have a maximum of one request and one room.
- The Thayer does not provide discounts for West Point Graduates or Reunion Classes. You can find their standard rates on their webpage.
- The lottery drawing will be held in early May. If you want to enter the lottery get your emails sent as soon as possible.
- Transportation to and from the Crowne Plaza will be provided.
- Transportation to and from the Thayer to the Manhattan Dinner Cruise will be provided.
- The lottery will be conducted by blind draw.
Vice President Class of 78
40th Reunion Chairman